Saturday, May 29, 2010

shades of love
















































Not a drop of tear would roll,
Down through the lane of memories,
Nor a rose, nor a thorn;
Nothingness remains…all for my ease.

Another grey morning; As the thoughts cloud over my heart as they ever do, I sit on my bed beside the window, watching through it, the flowers of the laburnum in my garden falling down, onto the waters pooled by the last night’s rain in the cool winds giving a breath of fresh air with a whiff of wet soil. I take my time, leisurely over a cup of coffee. My cup of black coffee with a dash of milk over it. The aroma takes me into the warmer corners of my heart through the seemingly hazy clutter of thoughts that surround it.
I see that everything is simply drenched in rain; the wetness gives to things around, a new shade. At times, adding new colors to them. The leaves shine with shades of silvery green, with each one passing over the left over pearls of rain to the one below it, finally losing them to the brick red waters on the wet dark red soil of my garden. The yellow laburnum petals seem no way in a sorrow for falling off their branches in the wind. They gaily sail through the water pools towards the awaiting harbors. I deeply fall in love with the shades of earth at this moment.
Sip by sip, my thoughts grow moist, and I hang over those warm corners of my heart. The warm corners of my heart sweetened with love that I brewed through times. Love, my love for the life around and within me. My love for the colors, tastes, tune and rhythm in my life. Looking at my love for the new shades that my garden acquired in the rain, I realize that every emotion in my heart, good or bad is either love in disguise or a feeling drenched with love, seen in a new shade just like that of the things in rain. This infuses me with thoughts over how things work on love for something. Holding my cup of coffee tight, I examine the ethereal vapors coming out of it. They look as if they were dancing with themselves deriving and giving to some unseen spectator a transient pleasure and finally disappearing into nothingness after their performance. It is then that rain droplets in the stiff breeze shower on my face through the window, leaving behind a strong sense of déjà vu.
Earth is inspiringly full of so many beautiful things that even “love” that I brew, loves to be earthly. “Love” would be pleased to have a bunch of roses on its table as long as they are in a bloom! If not forever. The tempting wetness of the earthly soil attracts love to come away from the roof of eternity and the unconditional, just to play with it for a while. The word “short-lived” loses its meaning as long as it is all about the joy in the play, like the falling laburnum petals and drops of rain. All that I see, I feel and I here, seem to be drenched wet if love were rain. May it be for a short while, I like it wet. Call it my pain that is otherwise my love in the form of an expectation, call it the pun that I crack at times which otherwise love taken for granted or call my crush which is otherwise love short-lived in the form of a human attraction. This way, I simply feel soaked in rain, come what may!
As the aura of the weather deeply sinks into my heart along with the aroma of coffee, I can feel my thoughts trickling down into those warm corners of heart, adding more shades to love that I contain. Giving reasons for the happenings good or bad, leaving space for no drop of tear, filling in solace, leaving behind nothingness……the mystic shades of love.

1 comment:

Zephyr said...

a colourful description of love is wat uve painted over here..wid splashes over evry colour possible..kinda reminds me f d song colourblind..lovely post...n i luv it dat coffee is crux of every new realization.. :) :)